What we do
WMC – Women With Movie Cameras is a collective that accelerates the careers of women working in the screen industries in the Asian, Near Eastern and Balkan countries. Through networking opportunities, mentoring programs, research and various member benefits, we encourage the professional development of women in the film industry. We support female-driven content in general and of WMC members in particular.
The woman filmmakers under the roof of Women with Movie Cameras (WMC Turkey) aim to:
- Go Hand in Hand: We are going to form a regional international network to support each other.
- Provide Equal Opportunity: We will pay close attention to gender equality in employment across our sets and the film-TV industry.
- 50:50: We aim to reach at least 50% women representation in film funds and festival selection committees.
- Louder Voices: We are going to expose and fight all types of assault, discrimination and mobbing against women.
- Stand Against Patriarchal Viewpoint: We will be very critical about sexism and discrimination against women in film-TV contents, particularly in the ones that we are creating.
- Encourage: We are always here to encourage woman filmmakers in need of support who are seeking a helping hand.
BURÇAK ÜZEN AÇIK
Script Lab Coordinator
Festivals Relations Coordinator
Producer & EWA VICE PRESIDENT
Distributor, Script Writer